RE: rigid frame design resource[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: rigid frame design resource
- From: Charlie Carter <carter(--nospam--at)aiscmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 08:09:39 -0600
>I have seen many connections from the meal building design engineers for
>bolted end plate connections that do not use the design method outlined in
>AISC. They typically eliminate the extended end plate beyond the top flange
>and use only one line of bolts on the inside of the flange to resist the
>flange tension forces. I would be interested in the resources for that type of a connection.
MBMA just finished the manuscript of a design guide on flush end plate moment connections. It will likely be published through AISC. Not sure of the exact timing as of yet, though.
- Prev by Subject: RE: rigid frame design resource
- Next by Subject: Risk Management Toolkit - California Seismic Safety Commission
- Previous by thread: Re:
- Next by thread: GOOD CODE BOOK?