Re: GOOD CODE BOOK?

Tahir,

I would say that it is highly dependent on what your use for the code will
be.  If it is for the design of a specific project or projects, then you
will want to obtain the code that has been adopted in that jurisdiction.
This could mean that you might need to get either the UBC, the SBC, the
BOCA, or the IBC.  You will need to check with the local code official in
this case.  Currently, the IBC has not been adopted in too many
jurisdictions, but that is changing rapidly.

If you want a code to provide yourself with a "learning" experience, then
either code will do, but the IBC might be better since it is the "future"
path for codes.

Hope that helps,

Scott