Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Slip-on Lock Nuts

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Several years ago I got some samples of "slip-on lock nuts".  The nut
consists of two joined pieces, each shaped like the letter C.  You place the
nut onto the rod from the side and then turn the pieces in opposite
directions until they are 180 degrees apart, at which time they are
effectively locked together.  It really is a clever idea.

I'm trying to find out if they are still made and if so, where can I get
some.  Any suggestions?


David Finley, P.E.