Re: GOOD CODE BOOK?

I should have been more precise...the IBC is more of a "future" path for
codes that the UBC. <grin>

Besides, I am willing to bet that the IBC and NFPA codes will be rather
similar when it comes to the structural provisions.  More than likely both
codes will operate similarly...they will reference other organizations
code documents.  For example, I believe that the IBC goal is to reference
ASCE 7 for loads, ACI 318 for concrete, AISC for steel, NDS (ASD) & ASCE
16 (LRFD) for wood, and ACI 530/ASCE 5/TMS 402 for masonry.  I believe
that the NFPA code will attempt to follow a similar philosophy.

I could, however, be wrong.  It has occurred at least once in my
life...opps, wait, that was me either.  <big grin>

Scott