Re: ASCE 7-98 Question...

I don't know about ASCE-98, but I do know that
we designed a tank footing downtown a few months ago
and used 80 mph as the base speed under BOCA.

Hope this helps.

Jonathan Mallard
Richmond, VA

>>> Robert Valorio <geotex1(--nospam--at)yahoo.com> 02/19 10:25 AM >>>
Can anyone give me the base wind speed for Richmond,
Virginia area based on ASCE 7-98? I'm currently
traveling and away from my reference library! Thanks
in advance!

Rob Valorio, P.E.
New Jersey