RE: ASTM A500 Gr B

Seamless is still in the ASTM A500 specification, but the reality is that
cold formed and welded is about all there is on the market.

Seamless tubes can be drawn over a mandrel, or seamless furnace-buttwelded.
The seamless tubes are almost never used as structural elements due to their
expense, although the code does allow them.

Seamless is more expensive, but the difference is a variable depending on
size, and quantity ordered.  I have seen seamless tube used in power plant
piping, but never in structural shapes.

Regards,
Harold O. Sprague