A440 Steel

	I have an existing steel frame building (1962) to be retrofitted
with steel braces. Some of the existing columns are A440 steel. I believe
this grade was discontinued in the 1970's.   The AISC steel manual sixth
edition simply states that the steel is not recommended for welding.  Most
of the existing connections to the columns are bolted.  Does anyone have any
experience with specifying welding criteria for this steel?

Matt