Re: SALARY SURVEY

Give him a 10 year $250 million dollar deal. He's a short-stop and can hit 40+ homers & 150 rbi's a year, right?

Kidding aside, I think that age is irrelevant, years of experience and quality of experience is what you should judge by when determining worth. www.seaint.org has a salary survey as good as any for structural. Also check the list archives for additional links. Of course, all salary surveys can be skewed based on the honesty of the participants (both engineers & firms).

hope that helps.

-gerard

>>> jjtreff(--nospam--at)hotmail.com 02/20/01 03:21PM >>>
Dear Friends,
I would like to know your opinion on a FAIR salary for a company and for an
engineer. He is a 30 year old, 7 year experience civil engineer with
specialty in structural engineering. The position is Technical Manager.

Please let me know the monthly income in dollars you think is fair or that
is the mean in the U.S.

Thank you,

Juan Jose