From: Mark Webster [mailto:markdwebster(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2001 7:36 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Post-Tensioned CMU

Has anybody tried using post-tensioning strands instead of mild
reinforcement for CMU vertical reinforcement? Are there any proprietary
systems out there which use this approach? Is it necessary to grout the
cells if post-tensioning is used?

I'm trying to determine whether this is a viable option for CMU
reinforcement.

Thanks.

--Mark

Mark D. Webster