Re: FW: Railroad clearance

Gary,

Refer to the AREMA (formerly AREA) Design Specifications. Volume 2 -
Structures has a typical clearance diagram for tangent track, with
correction tables for adjusting clearances along curved track. Very
generally, the diagram shows 9'-0" minimum clear from the track centerline
to the clearance envelope line. Note that these are generic requirements,
and must be verified against specific requirements of the railroad company
which owns/maintains the track.

Hope this helps.

Tom Cummings
URS Corporation