RE: Post-Tensioned CMU

Dayton Superior has a publication that deals with the Dur-o-wall product,
"Technical Bulletin 99-1".  You can download a copy at www.dur-o-wall.com.
It is a post-tensioned masonry product, using steel rod tendons.  I have
been interested in using this method, however, the design information
published in their manual leaves much to be desired.  They have two 1/2 page
design examples, one interior non load bearing partition wall and one
exterior non load bearing wall.  They also provide some moment tables for
different rod diameters and cmu widths, with h/t ratios of 30-36 (max).
Although I have not investigated different combinations of loads, heights,
wind pressures, etc.; based on the low moment capacities provided in the
tables, I suspect that the system would not work well for load bearing
slender walls.

Brian K. Smith, P.E.