Re: Accoustical Deck

It depends on the thickness of the paint.

You can probably ask the supplier to ship the perforated steel deck pre finished to the color you want with the holes intact.  This may cost a bit, and you won't be able to guarantee that the paint job will survive the construction process.

I'd recommend contacting the (an) acoustical consultant to let you know what paint spec (thickness) would be allowed if you decide to field paint.

If it becomes a really big problem, you could always find some volunteer labor to take their mechanical pencils up there and punch some holes.

 99 holes per square ft in the deck, 99 holes per square ft.  - punch one through say yahoo, 98 holes per square fi in the deck to delete ... ... ... .

>>> Jim Kestner <jkestner(--nospam--at)somervilleinc.com> 02/21/01 11:54AM >>>
I would assume that there is some reduction in the NRC rating when
acoustical deck is field painted. Does anyone have any data or
experience with this? Is it worth spending the money on acoustical deck
if field painting reduces it's effectiveness?

Jim Kestner, P.E.
Green Bay, Wi.