K FACTORS

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] I recently saw a calculation of a rigid frame with tapered members. In the columns I saw the effective length factor K. When I asked if that was right, that it should be Kgamma according to appendix F of AISC, they answered me that "most" metal building manufacturers in the U.S. don't use that appendix.

Can anybody tell me what is the common design practice for metal buildings in the US then? What do they use and how do they do it?

Thank you,

Juan Jose