RCSC A325 bolt spec

I have downloaded the new "Specification for Structural Joints Using ASTM
A325 or A490 Bolts" from the RCSC website (www.boltcouncil.org). It has a
new Section 1.4 which lists information to be specified by the EOR in the
contract documents. I am confused by the 4th item on the list: specify
"whether slip is checked at the factored-load level or the service-load
level, if slip critical joints are specified". But why does the contractor
need to know this information? Doesn't the EOR do the design and just
specify the required type of bolt/joint? (The contractor would need this
information if connection design is left up to the contractor as is the
practice in some areas, but this requirement implies that it must always be
specified.)

Regarding the 3rd item on the list: If the EOR specifies a joint to be
"slip-critical" but does not specify the "class of slip resistance", is
there a "default class", e.g. Class A slip resistance (0.33 slip
coefficient)?

And as an editorial comment, shouldn't the 3rd item reference Section 5.4
rather than Section 4?

Adding a section on Drawing Information seems like a good idea, but I am
confused by what it requires.

William C. Sherman
Camp Dresser & McKee, Inc.
Denver, CO