RE: fatigue category[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: fatigue category
- From: Charlie Carter <carter(--nospam--at)aiscmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 08:39:19 -0600
>Does anyone have a reference that specifies the fatigue category
>for base metal with a small (say 1" dia) drilled or cored hole in it?
The 1999 LRFD Specification Appendix K has significantly expanded provisions for fatigue. From those, there are several cases that may apply to your application:
Members with drilled or reamed holes: Category B
Members with drilled or reamed holes containing bolts
for attachment of light bracing where there is a small
longitudinal component of brace force.: Category C
Other providions or mechanically fastened joints range from Category B to E.
Check out the 1999 LRFD Specification here:
You have to scroll down to the bottom at that page to see it.
- Prev by Subject: RE: fatigue category
- Next by Subject: FEMA 350 and SMRF's
- Previous by thread: RE: fatigue category
- Next by thread: SALARY SURVEY