Re: Welding across the flange?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "seaint" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: Welding across the flange?
- From: "Mattesons" <matteson(--nospam--at)yosemite.net>
- Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 22:42:41 -0800
The far less sophisticated reason for not welding across a beam flange (given to me by the welder doing the shop fabrication--no worries about supporting loads during the welding process) is that you get a slight camber in the beam due to heating the flange. If the other reasons weren't good enough.....
- Prev by Subject: RE: Welding across the flange?
- Next by Subject: Welding on bolts
- Previous by thread: RE: Welding across the flange?
- Next by thread: Acoustic deck