Re: Concrete Problem

Strength and hardness are diffrent things. Hardness
may be important if the surface is expected to receive
some impact type loading. That does not the appear to
be the case in the situation you have described.

Is the existing concrete sitting on grade? If so, I
don't see strength of concrete being an issue, as long
as it has some strength. Can you talk to the
contractor who placed the concrete and find out the
proportion that was used? That may give you an
indication of the 28 day strength.

If permeability of existing concrete is a matter of
concern, you want to apply XYPEX compound according to
manufacturer's instructions. XYPEX has the ability to
seal the cracks in the concrete and make it
practically impervious.

Rajendran