I'm interested in getting other's input or rules of thumb on practical
limits for concrete construction joints (CJ's):
1. Maximum practical concrete placement in cubic yards for one shift, i.e.
locate slab or wall CJ's to limit overall required concrete placement.
2. Maximum straight length of wall (continuously reinforced) between CJ's.
3. Maximum concrete box shape to be placed with continuous concrete walls
(without vertical CJ's).
4. Maximum vertical wall height between horizontal CJ's.
5. Maximum elevated concrete slab placement or distance between CJ's.
6. Any other limits on CJ's?
Thanks in advance for any responses.
William C. Sherman
Camp Dresser & McKee, Inc.