Re: electrical reaction between steel and aluminum

I would suggest that the question of "can we live with this?" is for you
to answer.  I would tend to think that my response would be "no", but then
I am not familiar with the actual situation.  For example, if the
connection between the aluminum and steel a structural connection (i.e. is
load going through the connection)?  If yes, then I would think that the
corrosion would be a definite problem.  If no, then the corrosion could
only be an aesethic problem.

And yes, there will be corrosion.  A galvanic reation (if I recall
correctly) between the two dissimilar metals WILL occur.  Bascially,
aluminum + steel = big NO NO unless there is something to break the direct
physical connection (i.e. something like a rubber isolation pad, etc).

The key is to provide some sort of "break" between the steel and aluminum.
Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to do that with out pulling out the
"construction erasor" (i.e. demo the work) and rebuilding it per the
design.

Scott