RE: acoustical steel deck over swimming pool

It would be a mistake to use acoustic deck over a swimming pool.  We once
had a problem with acoustic deck over a gymnasium that was near a pool.  The
pool and gymnasium were separated by locker rooms.  The owner, in a
misguided attempt to save money would turn off the mechanical ventilation
whenever the building wasn't occupied.  The moisture would get into the
gymnasium roof deck and freeze in the acoustic insulation during the night.
When the building warmed up, it would rain in the gym.

Roger C. Davis
Architect
SDS Architects, Inc.