RE: K FACTORS

Charlie

The jury is no longer out on who's "winning". The score on "advanced"
design is: US & Japan
still with K factors, the rest of the world uses the "advanced" design.

We (AISC) really should enter the 20th century before the 21st gets too far
along.

Peter Higgins, SE

>Good point, Peter. However, there are two camps in the stability arena:
those that think advanced analysis techniques can be used with K = 1 in all
cases and those that don't. I can't tell which set of great minds is
"winning" at this point, but the discussions are very interesting and
enlightening.<