Fw: Film for glass windows

hank you, I am registered on the list so willtry to post this message again.

Gerry Buydens
----- Original Message -----
Sent: February 27, 2001 9:33 AM
Subject: Re: Film for glass windows

At 02/15/01 05:45 PM, you wrote:
I am running into a bit of a problem when attempting to specify the correct
window film to use to provide protection during an earthquake. I am aware of
3 or 4 suppliers, each have a number of claims but I can not get a generic
specification from any of them so they can bid on basically the same
product. I am also not sure of what is the correct weight of material for
the task, as one suppliers tells me 4 mil is sufficient; another indicated 4
mil is inadequate and 7 mil is required. Have any of you any specs for this
product. Also have any of you specified certain performance specs. Any
information you might have with window film would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Gerry F. Buydens, P.Eng
Seismic Mitigation Branch
Government of British Columbia
Victoria, BC

Please send your email to Structural Engineers Association International (SEAint) email list server. There are over ten thousand engineers subscribed to this list. I am pretty sure you will get help.
The email address for our list server is:
seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org

You can NOT post a message to the list UNLESS you are subscribed. To subscribe to the list ( no fee ), simply follow the instruction listed in the footer of this message.
I hope this helps.

Shafat Qazi, P.E.
Internet Administrator
* subscribe (no fee) to the list, send email to
* admin(--nospam--at)seaint.org and in the body of the message type
* "join seaint" (no quotes). To Unsubscribe, send email
* to admin(--nospam--at)seaint.org and in the body of the message
* type "leave seaint" (no quotes). For questions, send
* email to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaoc.org. Remember, any email you
* site at: http://www.seaint.org ********