From: Jim Kestner [mailto:jkestner(--nospam--at)somervilleinc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 8:31 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: acoustical steel deck over swimming pool

Dave:

My first reaction to your question is the same as Roger Davis' reply.
The perforations in the accoustical deck will allow the moisture into
the insulation. I suggest providing an accoustical ceiling and then make
sure that a continuous vapor barrier is installed on the metal deck
before you put the insulation down.

Jim Kestner, P.E.
Green Bay, Wi.