Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2001 8:36 AM
Subject: Pre-engineered Metal Building

I have a situation where the bearing elevation for the columns of a metal building is below the finished floor elevation by 4".  The slab is 6" thick.  The detail I usually use has the hairpin anchored to the anchor bolts though a mechanical connection.  This is not possible in this situation.  Has anyone seen a detail where the hairpin runs through a hole drilled in the column web?  Does anyone see any problems with this?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Chris Towne, E.I.T. (Pending Test Results)
Chapman Technical Group