Wood Frame Shrinkage - LSL

Does anyone have experience in using engineered wood products such as LSL in
a plate application.  We are considering this for the top and bottom wall
plates in a 5 story wood building in which we wish to limit total
shrinkage/settlement due to an adjacent steel framed component.  The rim
boards and blocking are also LSL.  The material is advertised as being very
dimensionally stable, but I have not seen it used it for wall plates before.

Emery Ojala, S.E.