Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: Wood Frame Shrinkage - LSL

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
TrusJoist has a catalog specifically for TimberStrand LSL wall studs.  They
also use the LSL's as top and bottom plates.  Contact them for a copy of the
literature (1-800-628-3997).  They can also answer any specific questions
you have.

Charles F. Espenlaub, III, P.E.
Martin-Espenlaub Engineering
Tel  215-665-8570
Fax 215-561-5064

-----Original Message-----
From: Emery Ojala [mailto:EmeryO(--nospam--at)]
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2001 1:53 PM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)'
Subject: Wood Frame Shrinkage - LSL

Does anyone have experience in using engineered wood products such as LSL in
a plate application.  We are considering this for the top and bottom wall
plates in a 5 story wood building in which we wish to limit total
shrinkage/settlement due to an adjacent steel framed component.  The rim
boards and blocking are also LSL.  The material is advertised as being very
dimensionally stable, but I have not seen it used it for wall plates before.

Emery Ojala, S.E.