Seattle Earthquake Update[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Seattle Earthquake Update
- From: Henry Gallart <hgallart(--nospam--at)sideplate.com>
- Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 12:45:34 -0800
According to contact with Seattle FAA personnel, the magnitude 7.0 earthquake lasted 40-45 seconds with long period waves. Existing Seattle-Tacoma Air Traffic Control Tower (ATCT) windows were blown out and consequently the airport was shut down. Currently there is no power in the area.
Welders inside the new ATCT with SidePlate Moment connections had their equipment move about 4 feet. After FAA officials observations of the new ATCT, there is no reported damage.
Henry Gallart, S.E.
SidePlate Systems, Inc.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Seattle Earthquake Interviews
- Next by Subject: seismic at retaining wall
- Previous by thread: Seattle Earthquake
- Next by thread: Seattle Earthquake - He really said that?!