Re: 6.2+ earthquake in Seattle

Of course, and if I were in the driver's seat I would like to have made the
same choice as you (I think).  But I wasn't--the engineer seldom is, are we?
And of course the choice wasn't as you describe it.  Rather it was between
the certainty of unemployment (if they weren't bluffing, and since this was a
tiny little co. owned by a stack of multinational conglomerates, each one
larger than the one before, I don't think they were) and the vague
possibility, oh say maybe 67% chance of maybe a big eq. in oh say the next
hundred years or so, which might or might not do significant damage which
might or might not kill a few, or a lot.  Not quite the clear choice you
present.

I guess that's the type of decisions CEOs are paid to make.  And the type of
political pressure they can present.

Ralph