Re: 6.2+ earthquake in Seattle

Ralph-

I understand your point and I am certainly not being critical of you.
Unfortunately, I live with those same pressures everyday, just as you do.  To the
developer, owner or contractor, nothing ever fails and nothing ever will.  The
challenge for me is to avoid thinking the way they do.  If I start doing that, who
is going to protect the occupants of the buildings that I design.

With regard to the building where your recommendations were not followed 20 years
ago;  My only question is......would you have wanted your mother, wife or daughter
to be working there everyday?  If so, case is closed.  If not, then I think we all
know what should have been done, as hard as it would have been.  A job is not
worth risking a life.  Finally, I'll bet that the owner never informed the
seamstresses of your recommendation, so that they had a chance to evaluate the
risk.  They never do........

Monty Hart
Associated Design Consultants, Inc.
Anchorage, Alaska