Foundation

Dear members,

In my office, there's an engineer who has designed a pad foundation
(consider the column as well)
using axial load only. The foundation has been cast and now it is found that
there will be actually a big moment  induced to the column due to the

I am thinking of increasing the size of the footing by casting an reinforced
overlay
to the foundation to take the moment. Is this option feasible? Thanks for
any comments and advice.

jw