Re: Foundation

I would suggest that if you cast an overlay, you are only going to be able to
resist the moment in one direction, ie, if you need bottom bars, this won't
help.
While it may reduce the moment needed by the bottom bars, this moment will
always be larger than the moment plus the originally designed for axial load,
and
your mat will always be overstressed.  However, I can't offer a better solution.

You could try adding steel beams designed for the entire moment transfer, and
pouring them in, but that will get VERY $$.
Good Luck