From: Michael Zaitz [mailto:mzaitz(--nospam--at)hgbd.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2001 3:40 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: East Coast IBC Adoption (was ASCE 7-93)

Albert

When I talked with a building official for a project in SC I was told that
the
mandatory adoption date was end of June based on the Legislature.  I wonder
if
any of the local building departments have already adopted it (still trying
find that out for the project I am working on)?  Do you know if SC has done
any
amendments to the code?  Have not found anything one way or the other on it.
Also, Georgia has adopted the IBC 2000 Plumbing, Mech and Elec codes but not
the
rest of it.  People I have talked to in GA suggest it may be as long as 3
years
before the rest is adopted.  I have heard that Florida is going to use it's
own
code but we have not done any design in Florida so I have not talked to
anyone
to verify.  So much for one code!  Should also make it interesting now that
Seismic forces actually have a chance of governing over wind (just from a
preliminary look at the IBC).

Mike