Re: Firewall

Last year I designed a big box shopping center and had similar problem; new
wood shear wall up against an existing building where there was no access to
outside face to apply the finishes.  Our solution was to building the stud
wall (ballooned framed) about 48" from its final position, braced up
vertically.  Apply the plywood and plaster and then "dragged" the wall into
final position with a crane and a fork-lift.  The crane never lifted the
wall, just stabilized the top of the wall and the forklift push the base of
the wall.  The wall was 50' long and it was done in one piece.  I was
impressed that it worked so well.  Of course epoxy anchor bolts had to be
installed after the wall was set in place.

Brad Smith