RE: Foundation Program: STADD vs. SAFE

The only problem with FEM-DESIGN is that their plate design software doesn't do ACI code design. Only European codes.
-----Original Message-----
From: raiz1 [mailto:raiz1(--nospam--at)mail.telepac.pt]
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2001 10:14 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Foundation Program: STADD vs. SAFE

After trying both SAFE and Fem Design Plate (www.fem-design.com) I bought Fem Design mainly because of easy of use and the excellent quality of results and their presentation.
I think it's a bit more expensive then SAFE but it's worth every penny.

Pedro Santos

Lao, Larry wrote:

    We are considering purchasing a computer foundation program that can do concrete mat foundation and slab designs. I would like to hear from current users which one you would recommend to purchase, their pros and cons.

    Any help is appreciated.

    Larry Lao, PE