Re: New virus alert....NOT

John-

Your IS manager is correct..........

 http://www.europe.datafellows.com/hoaxes/vcredit.shtml
 http://www.europe.datafellows.com/hoaxes/inflower.shtml

Whenever I receive a "Virus Warning", I go to Goggle.com (or any good search
engine), enter the name of the "virus" in parenthesis and the word hoax.  These
two particular hoaxs came up with 247 and 135 hits respectively.  Then I usually
email the person who sent me the hoax, hoping that next time, he will do the
same.   ;-)

So far, the hoaxs versus legitimate warnings are running 10 to 1 and I've lever
seen a legitimate virus warning that instructed me to send it to "EVERYONE ON
YOUR CONTACT LIST".      That is almost a sure giveaway as a hoax.

Monty Hart
Associated Design Consultants, Inc.
Anchorage, Alaska