Re: Seattle Earthquake Intensity Maps

>From the map, it looks like the maximum peak ground acceleration (PGA) was about 18%g or 0.18g.near the epicenter.

Weren't Loma Prieta & Northridge PGA's much higher ? I thought some spots were about 0.6g in both quakes.

When I heard 7.0  magnitude, I was expecting huge damage on the same order or worse than 89 & 94. Apparently the depth of the earthquake had a large effect on the shaking intensity compared to Loma Prieta which had a similar magnitude with a much shallower focus.

-gerard