Re: Horizontal vessels-Friction forces

For NONSEISMIC load conditions: Friction from vertical loads at the bottom
of the saddle must be overcome before lateral load is assumed to produce
shear in the anchor bolts.

For SEISMIC load conditions: Apply all horizontal shear forces to the
anchor bolts.

Hope this helps,

Rick Drake, SE
Fluor Daniel, Aliso Viejo, CA

Padmanabhan Rajendran <rakamaka(--nospam--at)yahoo.com> on 03/02/2001 10:56:46 AM