Foundation wall shear.

Mark,

Have you considered using the interaction equation?

   fv(x)/Fv(x) + fv(y)/Fv(y) <= 1.0

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Mark Miller wrote:

. > I am looking at designing a foundation / basement wall that will be
. >  loaded with shear in both the in plane direction (using it as a
. > shear wall) and in the out of plane direction (from the soil pressure).
. >   I can calculate the shear load / stress in both directions, but how do I
. > resolve these because they could act simultaneously?

. > Am I thinking of this right, or am I making this too hard?