Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2001 3:33 PM
Subject: FW: Foundation Program: STADD vs. SAFE

Larry:

Our office has used SAFE since the version 5 days, and we are quite happy with the program.  As mentioned in another posting, it does require a fair amount of computing power, particularly when no tension problems are being run.

The design features are very helpful, and the concurrent interface (SAFE, ETABS and SAP used to be batch programs requiring you to run them in DOS and then switch to Windows to view the results) is great.  I highly recommend the program, and CSI is very helpful with their customer support as well.

My 2 cents.

T. Eric Gillham PE