RE: Post-Tensioned CMU

Hope you can give me more references for post-tensioned CMU. I'm from the Philippines and into Project Management. I am into value engineering services offering this to our clients.

Glo Cortez
From: "Adair, Joel" <JAdair(--nospam--at)Halff.com>
To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: RE: Post-Tensioned CMU
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 08:26:10 -0600

The requirements for prestressed masonry are covered in chapter 4 of the ACI
530-99 / ASCE 5-99 / TMS 402-99 masonry code.  Dur-o-Wall has a proprietary
system for prestressing masonry.  You can get info on the system at
http://www.dur-o-wal.com/products/binder.htm.  I haven't used prestressed
masonry, but I recently attended a seminar by ACI and TMS, in which they
mentioned that the use of prestressed masonry is becoming more common.

Joel Adair, EIT
Halff Associates, Inc.
E-mail: jadair(--nospam--at)halff.com