Re: "Blown Away"

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] Looking at this from a slightly different perspective, there are situations where portions of structures are purposely designed to be 'blown away' such as in damage limiting construction per NFPA 68 "Guide for Venting Deflagrations". This practice is common in process plants where wall and/or roof panels are designed to blow out to relieve internal pressure due to accidental explosions or deflagrations thereby preventing failure of the superstructure. However, the important point here is that the panels are designed to remain intact and tethered to the main structural system.

Walter Sawruk
EQE International, Inc.
Shillington, PA
Email: ws(--nospam--at)eqe.com