RE: Cable stayed bridges

Jose:

You've placed a pretty tall order!  I don't have any details handy to send
to you, but I can refer you to two fairly good texts on the subject.  One is
entitled "Cable Stayed Bridges" by Walther, Houriet, Isler, and Moia;  the
other is "Cable Supported Bridges" by Gimsing.  Both have information on
cable connection details, cross-sections, bearings, etc (although the first
is a bit more technical in orientation).

Thomas P. Murphy, Ph.D., P.E.
Structural Engineer
Modjeski and Masters, Inc.
Phone (717) 790-9565
Fax (717) 790-9564

Dear friends,

My name is José and I'm from Perú. I've just graduated as a Civil Engineer
and I'm preparing the work of thesis now.
I'm designing a cable-stayed bridge of about 238m with 2 towers and a
central span of over 129m. I'd appreciatte any help from you in what
concerns the design of the stays and details of connections and
substructures.
I need someone to provide me some Autocad details or information concerning
the reinforcement in the tower, connections at the towers and the stiffness
girder, the type of steel in the stay, details of the joints and bearings,
the analysis P-Delta, etc.

I'd appreciatte if you send me information or contact me to talk about
anyone of this topics. Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

José Velásquez
Trujillo