Re: Blown away

On a different note, we designed some balconies to hang off of the side of a building using hanger rods to support the
outside end.  The building department actually made us design the balconies to completely fall off of the building in case
of a hanger rod failure (fire was the cause of the failure in their minds).  We were not allowed to make a connection of
the balcony floor to the building that would at least keep the balcony from falling off if the hanger rod failed during a
fire.  So much for falling debris

Don Carroll