Re: Lateral bracing of steel trusses

This article discusses the need for tension chord bracing to stabilize
compression diagonals in trusses:  Fisher, J. M.  1983.  The importance of
tension chord bracing.  Engineering J., 3rd Quarter, 1983.  American
Institute of Steel Construction.

Two discussion articles by C. Marsh and C. E. Broms in subsequent issues of
the same journal regarding the above article show why this rationale is
untrue.  The discussion by Broms (in 2nd quarter 1984 issue) provides a
reason for tension chord bracing based on crookedness of a chord.