From: Efren Allan Yango [mailto:engreay(--nospam--at)pacific.net.ph]
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2001 2:06 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Antenna Dish

Eric
You may want to consult the TIA/EIA Manual . They have a factor there
for parabolic shape antennas plus other factors for other appurtenances.
Their factors includes wind forces acting on an antenna (of some type)
given a force angle from the main axis of the antenna. From there, you
can easily compute the exact forces and the OTM. Their factors
incorporate the fact that some antennas are not solid.
Although there are worst case scenarios for the antenna, these are
somewhat permanent, based on my experience. Some are movable or
adjustable but some electronics or radio guy may design it to be fixed.
Just check this with your client. And these type of antennas normally
have an angle from the ground and not a perfect 90 degrees.

A. Yango

Hope this helps.