Re: Lubrication for Sliding Connection

A less expensive alternative to teflon bearings is to use Ultra High Molecular
Weight (UHMW) polyethelene. A quater inch thick plate placed between your HSS
and the seat should do the trick for light loads. You can drill holes in them
for the threaded studs to pass thru.  They last a long time and will not drip.

--Kipp A. Martin