FRP@beam-column joints

The Civil Engineering department at the University of Utah has been
researching FRP at beam-column joints.  Below is a list of publications.
You can find more information at www.civil.utah.edu.
* Gergely, I., Pantelides, C.P., Reaveley, L.D., and Nuismer, R.J.
"Strengthening of concrete beam-column joints with carbon fiber composite
wraps", High Performance Composites, ASCE Special Publication, 1998, in
* Gergely, I., and Pantelides, C.P. "Design Aid for Shear Strengthening of
Reinforced Concrete T-Joints using Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic
Composites", UUCE 98-02, Earthquake Research Program, Department of Civil &
Environmental Engineering, University of Utah, NTIS No. PB98-158504, Jul.
1998.
* Gergely, I., Pantelides, C.P., Nuismer, R.J., and Reaveley, L.D. "Bridge
Pier Retrofit Using Fiber-Reinforced Plastic Composites Composites for
Construction", ASCE, 2(4), 165-174, Nov. (1998). print.
* Pantelides, C.P., Gergely, I., Reaveley, L.D., Cercone, L., Policelli,
F.J., and White, N. "Retrofit of cap beam-column joints with carbon fiber
composites", 6th Nat. Conf. Earthq. Eng., Seismic Design and Mitigation for
the Third Millennium, Seattle, WA, May 31- Jun. 4, 1998, Paper 55.
* Gergely, I., Pantelides, C.P., and Reaveley, L.D. "Shear strengthening of
bridge joints with carbon fiber composites", 6th Nat. Conf. Earthq. Eng.,
Seismic Design and Mitigation for the Third Millennium, Seattle, WA, May 31-
Jun. 4, 1998, Paper 3.
* Gergely, I., Pantelides, C.P., Nuismer, R.J., and Reaveley, L.D.
"Strengthening of concrete beam-column joints with carbon fiber composite
wraps", 12th ASCE Eng. Mech. Conf., Engineering Mechanics: A Force for the
21st Century, La Jolla, CA, May 17-20, 1998, pp. 1211-1214.
* Gergely, I., Pantelides, C.P., Reaveley, L.D. and Nuismer, R.J.
"Strengthening of concrete beam-column joints with carbon fiber composites",
ICCI '98, eds. Saadatmanesh, H., and Ehsani, M.R., Tucson AZ, Jan. 5-7,
1998, Vol.II, pp. 748-759.
* Pantelides, C. P., Gergely, I., Reaveley, L. D., and Nuismer, R. J.
"Rehabilitation of cap beam-column joints with carbon fiber jackets." 3rd
Intern. Symp. on Non-Metallic (FRP) Reinforcement for Concrete Structures,
Sapporo, Japan, Oct. 14-16, 1997, Vol. 1, Paper 6C01, 587-595.

Mike Dastrup
CECO - Salt Lake City