From: richard lewis [mailto:rlewistx(--nospam--at)juno.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2001 3:35 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: 10 Year Wind Conversion

I am looking for the conversion factor of changing the 50 year wind load
to the 10 year wind load.  ASCE 7-95 has a conversion factor in the
Commentary for their wind loads.  My problem is I am using ASCE 7-93
which is a different wind load.  My wind speed is 80 MPH (fastest mile).
ASCE 7-95 is based on 3 sec. gust.  Can anybody give me the conversion
factor of 50 year wind to 10 year wind using fastest mile criteria?

Rich
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.