RE: Seoul Factory

I have 3 year work experience in Korea even though I
am staying in Canada to study.
For Reinforced concrete design, we use Ultimate
Strength Design Method based on ACI 318-83. In my
opinion this is pretty much same as ACI code and it is
totally acceptable if you use ACI code for reinforced
concrete disign.
But for steel structures, we still use allowable
stress design method even though ultimate state design
code is on its way out. In my opinion,this code is a
combination of Japanes code and American code.
To get information on loads, you have to see Korean
building regulations.It's not shown in code but in
regulations.
If you think you can offer part time job for this,
please e-mail me at pmy1970(--nospam--at)yahoo.ca