From: Nacionales Alex <acnacionales(--nospam--at)yahoo.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 8:06 PM
Subject: Base Plates

I am the Owner's engineer for a four storey steel
framed school building. I need your input on the
best construction method to place base plates on
non-shrink grout.
The contractor wants to place the non-shrink grout
first then place the base plates.

I think it should be that the base plates be fixed
and leveled firtst and the grout injected afterwards.
The only problem is how to make sure all the voids are
filled with the grout.

Thanks in advance.

Alex C. Nacionales
Civil Engineer